Saturday, July 30, 2016

Goodbye Rockey

Last time I saw him, I don't know what he was trying to tell me but my gut says it was goodbye. More than ten days have passed since he left and I can still feel his presence. Rockey came to us one  cold evening in December of 2003. I still remember him peering out of the little jute bag in which he was carried by my father. Upon the sight of young pup we were ambivalent whether to keep him or give him away. Who is going to feed him or take care of him? Questions remained. But his cuteness was too strong and we yielded. He became part of family.

For past 12 years he had been my buddy, my counsel and my confidant. He was there during my darkest hours and during my brightest moment. For over the years  he became my rock. I could talk to him about anything and he listened with Zen mysticism. For almost ten years he slept in my bed and my morning always began with his wet muzzle touching my face. Oh how I used to curse at him.


But now as he is gone I look at the empty couch where he curled  and I feel hollowness sip through my veins. I  just wish for once I could gaze into his endearing eyes and hold him close to my heart. But its not going to happen and only god knows how much I miss him. I just pray that he is in heaven now and is frolicking along side Eddie and Mr. Rabbit two of my other beloved pets. All I want to say - see you in another life , brother.

No comments: